Tuesday, October 2, 2012

Zabiri Spain October 2, 2012

Made it to day number two: so far I've walked 35 miles! 465 miles to go!!!! Lay night I spent on Roncesvalles , the first village in Spain after st jean Piede Porte in France. The pilgrims mass in our lady of whatever chapel was beautiful. Dozens of nations were represented by the 200 pilgrims. The photos speak the beauty of this acted space.
I started walking at 730 am and traveled thru some spectacular villages. The coffee is wonderful although I still miss Starbucks. I have encountered some of the finest people who may not speak English but speak the language of love. They will do anything to help and support in a very difficult situation. We are all in some pain, physical or emotional. This is the hardest thing I have ever tried since almost all comfort zones are gone. I trying to rely on faith in God and the kindness of strangers. One young women looked at me dripping wet in sweat, huffing and puffing up a steep mountain, and said, "you're going to make it!" Her words were just what I needed to keep going. Today is the feast of the angels and God sends us these messengers in human form to keep us on the journey.
Another one of these angels told me to send some of the things in my backpack to Santiago since my backpack weighed 35 pounds!!! I did just that and today's walk was so much easier.
I'm praying hard for you all. Please pray I make it through. Burn camimo. Fr frank

4 comments:

  1. You can do it! Think of Frodo. :)
    - Erica

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fr Frank, you are a wonderful example, in so many ways. Buen camino!
    Tom K

    ReplyDelete
  3. Frank,
    We are there with you in spirit. I am really enjoying your blog entries and your pictures are beautiful. I will keep praying for your safe journey.

    Warmly,
    Christine Villoch

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fr Frank- Just watched 'The Way' Sunday evening and thought of you the whole time. Looks beautiful and I'm sure you're taking all of the positive points and challenges, and contemplating them all. I'm sure you'll gain a new perspective on life...can't wait to hear about it all.

    Bien Camino!

    ReplyDelete