Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Castrojeriz Spain oct. 16, 2012

Arrived in this sleepy village on a bright crisp day. The number of pilgrims seems to be thinning out as the month moves on. I am walking with some great people: laynni and dean from Saskatchewan, madilyn from Seattle and Barry from boca raton Florida.
I'm finally learning the ins and outsof my backpack which weighs at about 30 pounds. I can't lighten the load anymore than I have.
So far I am feeling great but miss the people back home. But my loneliness is transforming into solitude, in which I am experiencing a deeper Presence within, One that usually remains hidden. Loneliness is an painful and alienating feeling, one we all know well. We can be lonely around people or within a relationship which is probably the deepest form of loneliness.
I thank God for this experience of solitude perhaps when I have felt closer to Christ than ever before.
We all need to discover solitude in our busy lives, times when we ad alone resting in God's Presence. ALL loneliness can be a time to open wide the doors of our hearts to a Love that draws us deep into Divine Communion within a Community of three Persons. When this happens loneliness is banished and we at One. Buen camino padre

5 comments:

  1. Dag Father Frank, got your address through Paul, one Australian camino ganger. Is one of the groupspictures in Reliegos ? Then you are doing good laps a day. Congratulations with your long remarks after the long walks. Missed that energy two years ago but your reflections awake again the real emotions during the long walk from Belgium to Finisterre. Walk well, wish you afterwards a visit in Avila. Or Fatima, Lourdes before flying back to the States. Always welcome here in the Holy Jacobus church in Antwerpen. Camino groeten van Bart

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Father Frank
      Dag Bart,
      I look forward to seeing Sint Jacobskerk in Antwerpen again. The Camino is a real experience of reflection and meeting and re-meeting people.
      Paul the Australian.

      Delete
  2. Hi Fr. Frank - you look happy in the pictures. It sounds like the walk is going well. Thanks for your words.

    all the best,
    Janet

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good to see you upright outside and in a good place inside. The pictures are a beautiful reflection of all that is good. Peace and prayers.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello Father Frank,
    we must be close together. Today I walked from Hontanas, through Castrojeriz (which is really sleepy), then it poured with rain when we walked over the plateau.
    I stopped early to try to dry out, and I am staying in Itero de la Vega tonight.
    all the best. How are you and how are Steve and Dick?
    Paul the Australian

    ReplyDelete