Tuesday, October 9, 2012

Pilgrim's progress. Oct 9,2012

Today marks 125 miles walked...375 miles left!!! I'm doing great after getting my backpack fixed. It really wasn't broke, just that one of the buckles fell off the track. It took my camino friend, Lanni, from Saskatchewan, to fix the problem and show me how to work all the straps and snaps and buckles. My load is so much easier to carry.
There is a saying that the Camino takes care of you. I have experienced the truth of this saying by all the human angels sent to bring a message of comfort, support, or a workshop on the whistles and bells of a high tech backpack. Thank you Lanni and dean for your "wise wisdom".
So many pilgrims are in much pain from blisters to muscles to knees. We are trudging on for different purposes. My purpose is the people of st Teresa's and rose of Lima in Haiti. I have so much to be grateful for.
Tomorrow I am off to a town noted for its chickens roosted inside the church and have been a part of the church's history for centuries. These are live chickens and if they squawk at you as you enter the church it is a blessing. I will lightly poke at them if they have nothing to say. Burn camino. Pade

4 comments:

  1. Fr. Frank, we are saying the Hail Mary's everyday. Congratulations on your great progress to date.Pat and Alice

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations on your amazing progress! I'm sure that every moment is very special...even if your feet hurt. : )

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've also been praying Hail Marys for you- each day on my walk to work. Kinda cool to think of us doing the same thing (praying and walking) in such different settings :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Chicken dinner right in the church...I love it! Haha. And in case you haven't heard, your Camino story and a great picture of you are in this week's Catholic New World!
    Buen Camino

    ReplyDelete