Friday, October 26, 2012

October 26, 2012

Sitting in a small church in Astorga after being kicked out of that beautiful cathedral, this time by a parishioner who has the keys to the kingdom. In my prayer surfaced a profound insight for me: the focus of this camino has not been the physical journey but this very blog, which is yet another touch of irony. I never thought that I would be blogging, EVER, in my entire life. I didn't even know what a blog was just a few months ago.
Yet I am drawn to this blog to give those who read it insight, encouragement , comfort, challenge and even culture. This is my way of being connected on a lonesome journey of faith. The community on the camino is always changing as some stay behind and new people enter one's path. At the end, few of us will ever see each other again, and yet, we will always be a part of each others' lives because of the experience of the camino. We will live in each of the memories that will surface as our journey continues when we return home.
Right now, in the middle of a small village in Spain, my anchor is my community in Chicago. There is much comfort in that. Buen camino. Padre

PS: pray I don't get kicked out of a church again. It is a bit disconcerting.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Fr Frank, some very true and helpful insights.
    Paul the Australian, currently in Ponteferrada, where I have met Dean again.

    ReplyDelete