Sunday, March 17, 2013

Assisi

I would everyone to know that I will be spending a week of prayer by myself on Assisi starting on march 20. I want to use this time to pray for other, for YOU and any special intention. I can't be any closer to you than while in prayer.

Assisi had been for me a special place where heaven and earth embrace. The presence of Francis us tangible and intimate. Praying here comes quoted naturally.

If you would like me to pray for a special
need, let me know through this blog or let dean know so that he can email me your request. As Isaiah said in today 's first reading, "remember not the events of the past; the things of long ago consider not. See I am doing something new! Now it springs forth, do you not perceive it?"
It is only when rooted in a life of prayer that we are able to "perceive" that God is indeed doing something new through our own lives. Buen camino. Padre Francesco.


3 comments:

  1. Hi -

    This is from Ann & Marty --gues I'm learning too:

    Gail Higgins
    Carla Fernandez
    Michael Dudash
    Scott Dunnum
    Don Jones
    Pat Folland
    Nancy & Don Davis

    Thanks so much for forwarding this list to him and extend our thanks and good wishes for a safe journey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Father Frank, I hope you have a prayerful and relaxing time in Assissi.
    We look forward to seeing you again soon and hearing your inspiring words in person! Thank you for offering to pray for us. Would you pray for swift healing of my ACL repair (had surgery today, after tearing it playing soccer several weeks ago). Please also pray for Adam and I as we prepare for our upcoming wedding. We will continue to keep you and your journey in our prayers. -Sara and Adam

    ReplyDelete
  3. Dear Father Frank, Thank you so much for offering to pray for us throughout your entire sabbatical and especially now while you are in Assisi!

    Please pray for my great nephew Timmy who suffers from a rare disease called KTS and for his parents, Katie and Tim. Timmy undergoes much testing and many surgeries which will continue throughout his life. Please pray for him and for his doctors at Cincinnati Children's Hospital so that they can continue to learn new methods for dealing with this disease and to continue to treat Timmy and all of their patients suffering from KTS or related disorders with patience and compassion. And for his parents to have the strength and endurance to continue to fulfill their role as his advocate to ensure he gets the treatments he needs.

    Please also pray for my nephew Andrew and his parents Lyn and Jason. Andrew suffers from ADHD and Oppositional Defiant Disorder. Many of his actions (on a daily basis) require extreme patience, compassion and a constant watchful eye. It is stressful and they could all use your prayers for improvement in his condition as well as for their stregth and patience in raising him.

    Looking forward to your return and I will keep you in my prayers!!
    Anmarie Kolinski

    ReplyDelete