Thursday, November 1, 2012

The Journey is the Destination. November 1, 2012

It is hard to believe: I am about 83 miles from Santiago after walking 415 miles! The moment of entering the city of destination will be a phenomenal experience only because of what has been occurring within my heart DURING the journey. All the people I have met and walked with... the stories told and lives shared...will make the entrance into Santiago meaningful moment, one that will stay with md the rest of my life.

Whatever happens within my heart and soul will occur because of the long journey on foot: step by step something is occurring in ways I can't even begin to give voice to. While I looking forward to arriving in Santiago. I am already sad that I must let go of the physical journey, one that I have been planning for two years, and allow the camino to do what it is supposed to do- what God wants it to do- once I am home.

In a future reflection I am going to send you a long and beautiful prayer about the camino and what will make this journey one that was worth every step. I just know in the depths of my being that I not walking this journey alone not am I walking it for myself.

Buen camino. Padre

2 comments:

  1. Fr. Frank, I visited your blog for the first time today and was amazed at how graceful you have taken on this journey. I am sure that it is an amazing experience to feel God's presence so close to you as you take each step along the way. I will continue to keep you in prayer and know that my mother is doing the same. God bless you and keep you safe.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It is 5:33 pm here in chicago. Dan just got home Him and I read your blog on this beautiful feast day.After being a little depressed after surgery and going back to work tomorrow I cant tell you how inspirational this blog has been. WhenI read it I feel like it is another world .I know it is silent and lonely. There is a part of me that longs for this world you are in.I believe and love what you said about the spiritual world and the one one we live in . peace you are in our prayers The Hechts

    ReplyDelete