Saturday, November 10, 2012

The camino is complete. November 10, 2012

Muxia and Finnisterre are at the "end of the world" or so they believed centuries ago before the Age of Discovery and Columbus. I went through the massive rocks almost to the bottom where the raging waves o the Atlantic soaked my legs and feet and drenched my head in its bitter cold water. Awakening. Baptism. New Life.

How appropriate that my feet and walking boots were drenched to the core. I gently walked up the rocks ,away from the Atlantic ,to walk a new way with new courage and hope. Perhaps to walk in new directions. Muxia and the renewal of baptism was THE defining moment of my personal camino. If I allow God will lead me on my further journey and not my own will and ego. They always seem to get in the "way."

I sit in a quiet chapel in Santiago praying before Jesus in the Blessed Sacrament. He is exposed in his love for every human being, the round, white Host is Christ, his Presence never ending and never failing. He is present in the monstrance but not contained. Nothing can contain Christ for he lives in each person who becomes a living and breathing monstrance.

I am waiting to celebrate the Mass with the botofumeiro the massive censor that is swung throughout the church.

As the incense rises your prayers will rise in my own prayers. Buen camino padre

4 comments:

  1. Wow father Frank!!! I am in total awe! The baptism was magnificent! I am so grateful that your Camino is complete! The pictures you post are gorgeous! I continue to think and pray for you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You write so beautiful . The Camino was quite inspirational.The pictures really tell a story . You are in my continual prayers and thoughts. I admire your courage.
    Blessings Pam

    ReplyDelete
  3. so inspiring - it sounds like it was a life-changing journey and how amazing that we got to follow along. we continue to say a hail mary for you each night.
    ashley & james

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on completing your journey! Dave and I have been thinking about you and following your blog posts. Enjoy the rest of your trip and see you soon
    -Meg Espinoza

    ReplyDelete